What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
- professional and business directories available to the public
- certain public registries and court records
- certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you
Accent Reduction Company is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have staff who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information
Accent Reduction Company identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
Accent Reduction Company obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Accent Reduction Company will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as medical data or personal financial information.
- Accent Reduction Company will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- a customer relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Accent Reduction Company. To change your preferences, refer to the How to Contact us section.
4. We limit collection of your personal information
Accent Reduction Company collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Accent Reduction Company will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally
- Processing your applications
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- Protecting against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Recommending products and services that Accent Reduction Company believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements
5. We limit use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information
Accent Reduction Company uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. Accent Reduction Company does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations.
Accent Reduction Company retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
6. We keep your personal information up to date and accurate to the best of our ability
Accent Reduction Company keeps your personal information up to date, accurate, and relevant for its intended use to the best of our ability.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the Contact Us section.
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for Accent Reduction Company
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information
8. We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site, www.saldare.ca or on request. To contact us, refer to the Contact us section.
9. We provide access to your personal information stored by Accent Reduction Company
You can request access to your personal information stored by Accent Reduction Company. To contact us, refer to the Contact us section. Upon receiving such a request, Accent Reduction Company will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information
10. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
Accent Reduction Company responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.